August 24, 2011

Fishing at Oxnard, CA!

So this is my 3rd attempt at fishing. I was so excited to go fish at a real natural spot rather at a man made lake. Plus, I had never caught a fish the real way. So Johnny and I took a road trip up Oxnard, which is about 2 hours up the coast from Downtown LA. Now look at the sweet stuff I caught.
This is the first thing I caught with my fishing line, not with a crab net. It was beautiful and I couldn't wait to eat it. And boy was it good.
I also caught some little dudes like this Flounder, which I threw back into the ocean.
Soon the Mackrel started to bite around 7pm.
They were coming in like crazy. All the men at the pier were hooting and hollering every time they got something. It felt great because I was one of the only girls there and I was reeling them in like a man. I caught more, and more, and more. On this line I got 4 Mackerels. I was soooo happy.
A homemade tackel from Johnny's box. Isn't it cute? We used dead fish as bait.
There was one guy who fished and the end of the pier and caught this shark. He didn't have a strong line, so he couldn't reel it in on his own. He had to tire the bastard out back to shore. It was at least 4 feet.
After our catch, we went to the lunch tables and started cooking our food right there. That is as fresh as it gets. I brought a hot pot, and Johnny brought the sauces. 
What we drank. 
Yum, green onions, soy sauce, and other ingredients.
The chef enjoying his creation. T'was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment